You killed my Father. Prepare to die.

The man of the hour, every hour, El Brucio, finally reveals the meaning of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

I am the Greatest.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ka-Blammo!

Just sitting here, chewing gum, creating meaningless lists. If there is a plus side to being unemployed in Outlook, it is the ability to make lists. Right now, I have completed a list of the top 50 albums this decade. I've been working on it for quite a while, but now am finished with the "list" part and am writing up a short paragraph on each album before offering it to my loyal fanbase. I have finished 20 of 50 descriptions, with a rate of about 10 per 1 1/2 hours, so I might get this up here tomorrow or Friday or whatever.

Beyond the lists, I have found quality TV time with my parents' new satellite. There really isn't a hell of a lot on, but enough to get by. My staple network shows are The West Wing and The O.C., and the rest of the time I can fill with a variety of movies, sports (no NHL makes this much more lacking), old sitcoms (yay Cheers), and the news. I would watch something like Six Feet Under, but whenever that's on my 'rents seem to be around the TV... not something they'd like. Well, anyways, just thought I'd throw this out there. TV will take on an even more prominent role as school goes on break, as I've been helping out with the basketball team. Oh well... maybe tomorrow, on The O.C., TV's hottest couple (Alex and Marissa) will dyke out before an international TV audience... doubtful, but one can always get their hopes up.

I need to read a new book... any suggestions? Be mindful that it is doubtful I will take any of them, and will probably find something lying around here and decide to read it. But to facilitate responses... fire away.

Well, 'til next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger cait said...

I will recommend the book that I recommend to everyone: Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen. If you're a fan of narrative, this is not the book for you, though.

12:00 PM  
Blogger El Brucio said...

Well, I picked up my dad's Vinyl Cafe book and started reading it. Since it's short stories, picking it up and putting it down should be easy. Still need that novel, though.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home