You killed my Father. Prepare to die.

The man of the hour, every hour, El Brucio, finally reveals the meaning of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

I am the Greatest.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ideas for the '06

I've been doing a bit of a brainstorm session for the coming year, and here are some of the conclusions I have come to. I rarely follow through on my declarations, but I figure if I make them well known and post them here for some friends and family to see that I will have a better chance of succeeding at these goals than I usually would. Besides, I have a steady income now... and I've never had that before.

2006 will be the year of the road trip. There are already plans to do one to Edmonton for around April 25 to see Franz Ferdinand. That's just the beginning. I have preliminary plans to do a rather involved west coast road trip, hitting up Vancouver through Oregon.

However, the biggest vow of the year is this: I will see the Flaming Lips live. They have a new album coming out, At War With the Mystics, and it's high time that I saw my favorite band in the flesh. This year also marks 10 years since I bought my first Lips album.

Anyways, last night I went and saw Elliott Brood live at Amigo's, and they were quite good and I recommend downloading a couple of tracks. They knew how to throw in good covers as well... excellent picks that everyone knows and are just a blast. "Hotel Yorba" and "Ring of Fire". How can you go wrong with those two? Great $5 show.

Other shows I'll likely hit up include The Ultimate Power Duo before they go to SXSW. You never know what might happen down there as far as "discovery" goes, so best to still see them while they're just a part of the Saskatoon scene. Also, I will be in attendance for Cuff the Duke.

The wolves are circling... I must head to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home