You killed my Father. Prepare to die.

The man of the hour, every hour, El Brucio, finally reveals the meaning of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

I am the Greatest.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

We're all horrible, fucked up people

Here's proof.

My favorite parts? The fact that the book is titled "They Fuck You Up: How to Survive Family Life". Truer words have never been spoken. Also, we listen and love emo because we are mentally ill; or we're mentally ill because we listen and love emo. And then there's our own horrible guilty pleasures... like the Vines. Remember them? Remember when Craig Nicholls was going to kill himself and everyone wanted to see them before he did it? Ah, good times. Apparently he has Asperger's (first I heard of it). Doesn't that make one feel guilty? Probably should, but it seems to just explain his behavoir rather than assign any guilt for loving his recklessness and self-destruction on display.

Just a great article all around. Another great part is when he explains that people think Van Gogh was a genius in spite of his illness, whereas people think Syd Barret, Kurt Cobain, and Brian Wilson were great in part because of their illness.

Rock 'n' roll baby. Rock 'n' roll.

1 Comments:

Blogger El Brucio said...

yeah, I've neglected this place long enough. I will finish the last 6 blurbs tonight and post it on March 1, so it won't be archived in the February files. I changed a couple of things from when I first mentioned it. It is complete, though, and brilliant.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home